Wilson Sonsini's elite antitrust and competition practice group represents clients in high-stakes antitrust litigation, mergers, and criminal and civil investigations, in addition to providing valuable counseling on business strategy. The firm's antitrust and competition practice was lauded as “perhaps the best antitrust and competition practice for high-tech matters in the world” by GCR.
The firm's deep bench of antitrust experts includes former agency officials who have served in senior-level roles at the U.S. and European agencies responsible for regulating and enforcing antitrust and competition matters. These attorneys have held U.S. positions that include:
- FTC Director of the Bureau of Competition
- Assistant Chief of DOJ Antitrust Division's National Criminal Enforcement Section
- Special Counsel for International Trade at the DOJ Antitrust Division
- Assistant Director of the FTC's Mergers IV Division
- Assistant Chief of the New York field office of the DOJ Antitrust Division
- Antitrust Bureau Chief at the New York Office of the Attorney General
Based in New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Brussels, the firm's global attorneys advise on issues involving intellectual property, consumer protection, and privacy. The practice also focuses on matters related to pricing, distribution, vertical restrictions, standard-setting activities, joint ventures, and patent pooling. Working with Fortune 100 global enterprises as well as venture-backed start-up companies, our attorneys have expertise in virtually every significant industry sector, including technology, media, healthcare, services, transportation, and manufacturing.
- Atrium Health
- Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG)
- Hebei Welcome Pharmaceutical and North China Pharmaceutical Group
- Live Nation
- Lucky’s Market
- Mylan (now Viatris)
- Seagate Technology
- The Food Partners and Indiana Grocery Group
- Vivint Solar
While Wilson Sonsini's antitrust team is truly global in scope, it operates as a singular unit that tackles the largest, most complex, and high-profile antitrust matters throughout the world—and does so with an unmatched record of success.