Weerawong, Chinnavat & Partners Ltd. (Weerawong C&P), one of Thailand’s largest independent law firms, offers a full range of legal services. Our competition law practice group advises clients on a full range of competition law matters, including applications, notifications and investigations commenced by the Trade Competition Commission (TCC).
Mergers: assessment of transactions subject to merger clearance or merger notification; applications for merger clearance; and filing merger notifications.
Anti-competitive conduct: assisting clients in the clarification of business practices for the TCC; and defense of allegations from the TCC.
Compliance: conducting antitrust training seminars for multi-national clients in conjunction with the TCC; and preparation of competition law compliance manuals.
- advised an e-commerce platform company, offering ride-hailing transport services, food delivery and payment solutions, in a successful defense against investigations into business practices by the Trade Competition Commission;
- advised Thailand’s leading cineplex operator on investigation in relation to its business practices and compliance with the Trade Competition Act;
- advised a leading integrated marine transport conglomerate in the THB 346.5 million acquisition of shares in a marine transport subsidiary of Thailand’s largest refinery, including successful pre-merger control clearance in the second case under the consideration of the Trade Competition Commission;
- advised the operator of major convenience store businesses in Thailand in a successful defense against investigations into its business practices;
- advised Berli Jucker re its bid for the acquisition of Tesco Lotus;
- advised Global Power Synergy re its acquisition of a stake in Glow Energy, the first case under the Energy Regulatory Commission;
- advised Dusit Foods re merger notification in its acquisition of a stake in Epicure Catering;
- advised on merger clearance in the acquisition by TIME dotCom International of a stake in Symphony Communications; and
- advised on the acquisition by Advanced Info Service of a stake in CS Loxinfo from Singapore Telecommunications.
- GCR100 (2022)
- Band One – Competition/Antitrust, Chambers and Partners (2022)
- Firm of the Year - Competition & Antitrust, Asia Business Law Journal Thailand Awards (2021-2022)
Weerawong C&P is one of the most recognized law firms in Thailand, with practice areas ranked in the top tiers of The Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, IFLR1000 and Asialaw Profiles for many consecutive years.
Formerly the Bangkok office of White & Case LLP, Weerawong C&P became an independent Thai law firm in 2009, combining international services with local knowledge and expertise. Clients include Thai conglomerates and many of the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions. The firm also represents governments and state-owned enterprises, international agencies and a wide variety of investors.
Dedicated to helping our Thai and international clients explore the rich business opportunities in Thailand, South East Asia and around the world, we provide sensible, solutions-based advice. We are known for our deal-structuring, problem-solving skills, and focus on commercial solutions.
Best Overall Law Firm, Asia Business Law Journal Thailand Awards (2021-2022)
Best Law Firm in Thailand, FinanceAsia (2019-2021)
Best Domestic Law Firm – Thailand, International Finance Awards (2021)
Thailand Firm of the Year, International Financial Law Review (2014, 2015, 2017 and 2020)
Thailand Firm of the Year, Asialaw Awards (2020 and 2022)
Thailand Firm of the Year, Asian Legal Business (2016-2019)
Employer of Choice, Asian Legal Business (2014-2022)
Outstanding Client Service, Asialaw Regional Awards (2019)
Most Responsive Domestic Firm of the Year, ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL, In-House Community (2013-2021)
IFLR1000 Women Leaders, Veeranuch Thammavaranucupt and Natthida Pranutnorapal (2021-2022)
Compliance and Regulatory Firm of the Year, ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL, In-House Community (2015-2017)
Environmental Firm of the Year, ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL, In-House Community (2016)
National Firm of the Year, Chambers Asia-Pacific Awards (2011)
Main Areas of Practice: Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Competition & Antitrust, Construction & Engineering, Corporate Advisory & Corporate Governance, Energy, Foreign Direct Investment, International Trade and Trade Remedies, Labour & Employment, Litigation & Arbitration, Mergers & Acquisitions, Projects, Public Private Partnerships, Real Estate, Restructuring & Insolvency, Telecommunications, Media & Technology.
Chumpicha Vivitasevi, Ph.D.
Direct Line: (02) 264 8000, ext: 8116