Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas was founded in May 2015 to continue the legacy of the 100-year-old Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co, whose near century-long pre-eminence, experience and reputation has been unparalleled in the Indian legal fraternity. With a long and illustrious history that began in 1917, the firm is the largest full-service law firm in India, with over 650 lawyers, including 100 partners, and offices in India's key business centres at Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Chennai.
The firm advises a large, varied client base that includes domestic and foreign commercial enterprises, financial institutions, private equity funds, venture capital funds, start-ups and governmental and regulatory bodies. The firm's competition law practice has a team of dedicated competition lawyers based in Mumbai and New Delhi, handling complex matters involving innovative solutions-oriented structuring, interaction with the regulator and economists, and a multidisciplinary approach, as they advise on the full range of competition matters including merger control, enforcement (cartel investigations and abuse of dominance) and competition auditing and compliance. The firm is one of the few firms in India with a dedicated and experienced competition law practice.
The team has advised on the following types of transactions relating to competition law:
• merger control: structuring, advisory work and notifications to the Competition Commission of India (CCI);
• advice on horizontal agreements including issues arising out of joint ventures;
• advice on vertical agreements;
• advice on abuse of dominance-related issues;
• compliance programmes and training;
• competition law audits;
• dawn raid preparedness plans and training; and
• representation before the CCI, the Competition Appellate Tribunal, High Courts and the Supreme Court of India in relation to horizontal agreements, vertical agreements and abuse of dominance-related matters.
Peninsula Corporate Park
Ganpatrao Kadam Marg
Tel: +91 22 2496 4455 / 6660 4455
Fax: +91 22 2496 3666 / 6662 8466