Kramer Levin is a full-service law firm with extensive capabilities and substantial experience. From our offices in New York, Silicon Valley and Paris, we represent clients from Global 1000 companies to emerging growth entities across a wide range of industries. Our Paris office advises clients on a broad range of matters involving European competition and trade law, including:
• antitrust: cartels and abuse of dominant position – representing claimants and defendants in all stages of proceedings before French and EU-level competition authorities and judicial courts, and also assist clients in leniency programmes;
• merger control – with broad experience dealing with mergers, takeovers and joint venture transactions;
• horizontal cooperation – advising French and multinational businesses on, among other things, cooperation agreements and joint ventures;
• distribution – covering various aspects of the distribution of goods and services, including the negotiation of contracts between suppliers and distributors, the drafting of general terms of sale and purchase, assistance in the termination of long-term commercial relationships, and commercial litigation;
• state aid and EU subsidies – with specific expertise in various public aid schemes, in particular aids to airports, the automobile and aerospace industries, and for research; and
• internal market – providing legal assistance on issues relating to the free circulation of goods, services and capital, freedom of establishment and secondary EU legislation, regarding regulatory matters and litigation.