As one of the first law firms to establish a presence in key international markets, Shearman & Sterling has led the way in serving clients wherever they do business. This innovative spirit and the experience we have developed over our 140-year history makes us the ‘go-to’ law firm for seamless service.
An elite antitrust practice
Shearman & Sterling wins antitrust cases and successfully defends multinational companies’ transactions before the US and European antitrust authorities, as well as coordinates the multijurisdictional antitrust defense of transactions and global investigations. We deliver practical and effective solutions to the most challenging antitrust issues and are committed to achieving success for our clients. Consistently recognised as among the leaders in the field, clients come to us for our:
- Top quality advocacy to maximise the persuasiveness of a client’s position.
- Deep experience with antitrust authorities. Our partners, including several former officials, have the knowledge and experience to facilitate dealings with the key antitrust authorities.
- M&A experience. Clients entrust us with their most important transactions to assure maximum chances of swift approval with the minimum of conditions.
- Behavioral expertise with a track record in investigations relating to dominant firm conduct, cartels, and cooperation agreements.
- Litigation abilities, including in antitrust class action lawsuits and jury trials.
- Breadth. Our team consists of over 70 lawyers, including 18 partners, representing over 10 nationalities. We advise on all aspects of US and EU antitrust law and practice, in a wide range of sectors and in many languages.
- Transatlantic and international coverage.
Avenue des Arts 56
Tel: +32 2 500 9800
Fax: +32 2 500 9801
599 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Tel: +1 212 848 4000