Martín Carrizosa heads the competition practice at prietocarrizosa, which includes another three specialists dedicated full-time to competition matters. The group handles behavioural and merger work, and works closely with the intellectual property arm of the firm.
The firm has a significant client roster that includes Nokia Siemens Networks, Mexichem Group, Nestlé and Colombia Móvil. Over the past year, the firm has added Pfizer Nutrition, Omnicom, Grupo Argos and a further extensive set of antitrust and competition law clients to the roster. The firm boasts perhaps the busiest competition law practice in the country.
Carrera 9# 74-08
Tel: +571 326 8600
Fax: +571 326 8610
Calle 77B # 59-61
Tel: +575 369 4040
Fax: +575 369 4140
The Unfair Competition and Antitrust team is composed of attorneys who have been a part of government authorities in the field and who have experience in the development of the practice under both national and Andean regulations.
Our services in this area include:
- Advice and representation in the process of business integration in the most diverse sectors of the economy.
- Representation in administrative procedures related to alleged business practices that restrict competition.
- Advising on corporate and non-contentious matters related to competition law.
- Advice and representation on issues of consumer protection.
- Advice and representation on matters of unfair competition issues.
- Representation in procedures related to unfair international competition practices such as dumping and subsidies.
- Advice and representation in disputes relating to competition law, such as “popular” or class actions for annulment and restoration of the right.