The practice at bpv Hügel prides itself not only the quantity but the quality of its work – practice head Astrid Ablasser-Neuhuber says the team takes on the most “difficult and complex” competition cases in the region. Who’s Who Legal nominee Ablasser-Neuhuber draws across-the-board praise for her work, while fellow nominee Florian Neumayr is a highly respected litigator. The firm has the only Austrian competition practice with a fully integrated litigation team, acting for defendants in numerous proceedings to fend off injunctions, damage claims and other motions by private and organisational claimants.
bpv Hügel is one of the leading law firms in Austria. Its competition law team, consisting of specialised lawyers in Vienna and Brussels, is one of the most experienced and largest in Austria. The practice group has built up a considerable track record in the following core areas:
- Joint ventures, cooperation agreements and vertical relationships such as distribution systems
- Advice with regard to all aspects of market dominance and abuse issues
- Representation of undertakings subject to antitrust proceedings before national as well as European authorities and courts
- Competition litigation and, in particular, defence in private enforcement cases
- Leniency applications
- Austrian and EU merger control as well as coordination of multi-jurisdictional filings
bpv Hügel not only offers high-quality services in competition law but also provides premium integrated M&A, corporate, regulatory (including public procurement and state aid), real estate, finance, labour and tax law advice to national and international clients.
bpv Hügel is a founding member of bpv LEGAL, an affiliation of independent law firms in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) counselling on cross-boarder transactions and foreign investments in most CEE countries.
bpv Hügel Rechtsanwälte OG
ARES-Tower, Donau-City-Strasse 11
T: +43 1 260 50 0
F: +43 1 260 50 133
Astrid Ablasser-Neuhuber, partner, head of competition law practice