Martín Carrizosa heads the competition practice at prietocarrizosa, which includes another three specialists dedicated full-time to competition matters. The group handles both behavioural and merger work, as well as working closely with the intellectual property arm of the firm.
The firm represented several cable manufacturers in the sale of their shares to Xignux and advised Purchase Co on its takeover of Vale´s coal operations in Colombia. The competition team has handled various merger control filings involving Synapsis, Wolverine World Wide, Bureau Veritas, among others, as well as counselling both Mexichem Group and Cabot Colombiana on their compliance schemes.
On the behavioural side, prietocarrizosa represented an energy distribution company in one of the authority’s few sector-wide investigations, and acted for Visa in a probe of the banking sector.
Carrera 9# 74-08
Tel: +571 326 8600
Fax: +571 326 8610
Calle 77B # 59-61
Tel: +575 369 4040
Fax: +575 369 4140
The Unfair Competition and Antitrust team is composed of attorneys who have been a part of government authorities in the field and who have experience in the development of the practice under both national and Andean regulations.
Our services in this area include:
- Advice and representation in the process of business integration in the most diverse sectors of the economy.
- Representation in administrative procedures related to alleged business practices that restrict competition.
- Advising on corporate and non-contentious matters related to competition law.
- Advice and representation on issues of consumer protection.
- Advice and representation on matters of unfair competition issues.
- Representation in procedures related to unfair international competition practices such as dumping and subsidies.
- Advice and representation in disputes relating to competition law, such as “popular” or class actions for annulment and restoration of the right.