The Cassels Brock & Blackwell competition practice features Who’s Who Legal nominee Chris Hersh and highly regarded partner Mark Nicholson. The team has built a solid portfolio of clients and cases and has handled some of the most complex work in the country over the past year.
Merger matters include acting for Parmalat Canada and its parent company in a C$4.9 billion unsolicited bid involving Groupe Lactalis. The team has also advised SKOR Food Group in its sale of shares of Colabor Group; Gold Wheaton Gold Corp in its acquisition by Franco-Nevada; FNX Mining Compan in its merger with Quadra Mining, and numerous others. The team has also acted for a car manufacturer in relation to domestic and international compliance matters, and scores of other companies embroiled in civil and criminal antitrust investigations.
The Cassels Brock Competition Group
The group currently looks as follows:
Partner and head of the department: Chris Hersh (416-869-5387 / email@example.com)
Associates: Imran Ahmad and Yana Ermak.
Significant 2010 and 2011 deals for the group include:
- Acting as counsel to Leisureworld Senior Care Corporation ( the third largest licensed long-term care provider in Ontario) in its acquisition of two luxury retirement residences for approximately $89 million.
- Acting as legal advisor to SKOR Food Group Inc. in its sale of outstanding shares to Colabor Group Inc.
- Acting as counsel to Gold Wheaton Gold Corporation during its acquisition by Franco-Nevada.
- Acting as Canadian counsel for Rockwood Holdings Inc. in the sale of the AlphaGary plastic compounding business to Mexichem S.A.B.de C.V. for $300 million in cash.
- Acting as counsel to Goldcorp Inc. in its acquisition of Andean Resources Limited for approximately $3.6 billion
- Acting as counsel to FNX Mining Company Inc. in its merger with Quadra Mining Ltd to create a new intermediate copper producer
- Acting as counsel to Westaim Corporation in its acquisition of all shares of JEVCO Insurance Company from Kingsway Financial Services Inc.
For all competition related inquiries, please contact Chris Hersh (416-869-5387 / firstname.lastname@example.org). For all inquires with regards to marketing for the Competition group, please contact Shenela Tavarayan (marketing coordinator – 416-860-6751 / email@example.com)